“God must always remain mysterious to man.”
– Cornelius Van Til, The Defense of the Faith, p. 14.
(Except to Van Til, of course!)
“To begin with then I take what the Bible says about God and his relation to the universe as unquestionably true on its own authority.”
– Cornelius Van Til, The Defense of the Faith, p. 195.
(He might as well say “The Bible is true because I want it to be true!”)
“A person with a wish to be fulfilled is often on the road to belief.”
– John Frame, Apologetics to the Glory of God, p. 37.
(Sort of says it all, doesn’t it?)
“We know without knowing how we know.”
– John Frame, Presuppositional Apologetics: An Introduction (Part I)
(Finally one of them admits it!)
“Religious faith is something to die for.”
– Peter Kreeft and Ronald K. Tacelli, Handbook of Christian Apologetics, p. 14.
(So say Muslim suicide bombers. In fact, they even put this belief into practice!)
"I just believe that we are very good about lying to ourselves, and only accepting, uh, or interpreting the evidence the way we would like to."
– Christian apologist Phil Fernandes in his debate with JJ Lowder.
(He’s obviously speaking for himself!)
“In actuality, this autonomous man is dull, stubborn, boorish, obstinate and stupid.”
– Greg L. Bahnsen, Always Ready, p. 56.
(There’s nothing like that longsuffering Christian love!)
“Faith is the precondition of proper understanding.”
(Which premise of TAG is this?)
“Empirical experience merely gives us an appearance of things; empirical experience cannot in itself correct illusions or get us beyond appearance to any world or realm of reality lying beyond.”
– Greg L. Bahnsen, Always Ready, p. 181.
(There goes Romans 1:20…)
"God has the right to command and be obeyed. He has, therefore, the right to tell us what we must believe."
– John Frame, Apologetics to the Glory of God, p. 51.
(Say goodbye to man's right to his own mind!)
"The entire human race is dead in trespass and sin, falling short of god's glory (Eph. 2:1, 5; Rom. 3:23; 5:15); as a result, no one seeks after God or has understanding (Rom. 3:10-12)."
– Greg L. Bahnsen, Always Ready, p. 84.
(Let me get this straight. No one has understanding? Not even Greg Bahnsen?)
"Christians are often befuddled about 'reason', not knowing whether it is something to embrace or eschew."
– Greg L. Bahnsen, Always Ready, p. 113.
(Indeed, what did Jesus say about reason?)
by Dawson Bethrick
Do you mind if I post those on our blog ? Those quotes are just beautiful.
Like rhinestones for sale in a pawn shop... Any savvy buyer would spot them on sight. And all this talk of Jesus... coming back to see us... Mhhh hhmmmm Couldn't fool us!
You bet, Franc! Spread the word! Bring down their house of cards!
wow...just wow....and yet people that don't swallow those kind of lines are the 'self deceived' ones. LOL!
Post a Comment